August 4, 2011

Follow My Book Blog Friday! (08/05 to 08/12)



Today’s featured blogger is Bonnie from Hands and Home. Remember to stop by and follow!

This week’s question is:

Q. Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?).

I've been reading my whole life, but the first “adult” book I read was Sophie’s World by Jostein Gaarder (that book isn’t adult at all, I think kids and teenagers should read it an they would probably enjoyed it more than an adult). That book sealed the deal, first of all it was the longest book I had read in my life and I spend years considering majoring in philosophy (I ended up studying anthropology though).

Jude Deveraux’s Velvet Angel was the first romance novel I read, and since I’m obviously a huge fan of romance novels, then I think I have to mention that book as well.

That’s it. I have read tons of fantastic books, both fiction and non-fiction, I have read classics and best-sellers like The Da Vinci Code, I have enjoyed most of them, other I have regretted buying, but I wouldn’t have read any of those books had I not read Sophie’s World first.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger likes to eat comments, so I suggest copying it before hitting "publish" just in case it doesn't go through the first time. This is a pain, I know, but it's the only solution/prevision I can think of, and it will save you the frustration of losing a comment. Also, thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FTC Disclaimer

The books reviewed here were purchased by us. If the book was provided by the author or publisher for review, it will be noted on the post. We do not get any type of monetary compensation from publishers or authors.